Outside the Box (OTB), an Indiana nonprofit closely affiliated with INARF member agency Insights Consulting was chosen as a finalist in the Job Raising Challenge fundraising competition, sponsored by the Huffington Post. OTB entered the competition to promote their E-3 Campaign focused on employment for individuals with disabilities.
Just over two weeks remain until the deadline for bills to pass out of committee in their houses of origin. The following bills are being tracked by INARF and have not been previously reported or have seen recent activity:
- Sen. Jean Leising. Passed the Senate Health Committee on 1/30/13.
- Sen. Pat Miller, Rep. Ed Clere. Passed the Senate 49-0.
- Sen. Brandt Hershman. Passed Senate Health, 1-30. Referred to the Tax and Fiscal Policy Committee.
- Sen. Mike Delph. Hearing in the Commerce Committee set for 2/4/13 at 10:00 a.m. in room 130.
- Rep. Clyde Kersey. Assigned to the House Health Committee.
- Rep. Cindy Kirchhofer. Assigned to the Veterans Affairs Committee.
- Rep. Sheila Klinker. Assigned to the Veterans Affairs Committee.
- Rep. Matt Lehman. Passed the House Insurance Committee, referred to the Ways and Means Committee.
- Rep. Tom Saunders. Assigned to the House Health Committee.
There was a festive mood in the air last week during the State Use Programs Association (SUPRA) Conference in Tampa, with INARF's own Jim Hammond receiving an award for his dedication to building State Use Programs, both in Indiana and around the country. During a formal reception and dinner held in his honor, friends and colleagues gathered to recognize Jim's tireless efforts to build the SUPRA organization, as well as for his 15 years of ongoing active participation in its many initiatives.
Colleagues from across the country shared comments and memories throughout the evening. "Jim Hammond was part of the small group who had the foresight to create SUPRA," stated Debbie Ignatz of NISH. "Jim has truly made a living by not what he gets, but by what he has given." The National Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE) invites all interested parties to for the 24th Annual APSE Conference taking place June 25-27, 2013 in Indianapolis.
APSE is seeking a vareity of presentations focusing on the following topic areas: state-of-the-art practices in integrated employment; transition from school to adult life, public policy and funding; leadership and personal development; consumer, family, and self-advocacy; and a variety of hot topics. Proposals are due on February 4. In addition, the Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) exam will also be offered in Indianapolis on June 27, in connection with the Annual Conference.
The National Association of QDDPs (NAQ) has issued a for the 18th Annual NAQ Conference held August 6-9 Reno, Nevada. With a theme of Leading for Person-Centered Excellence, NAQ is seeking the best and brightest ideas for person-centered planning, staff development, and and organizational design. Submissions must be received by March 15. , an Indiana nonprofit closely affiliated with INARF member agency Insights Consulting was chosen as a finalist in the Job Raising Challenge fundraising competition, sponsored by the Huffington Post. OTB entered the competition to promote their E-3 Campaign focused on employment for individuals with disabilities.