The Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) posted the following important information to the provider website at https://www.in.gov/medicaid/providers/index.html on November 20, 2018 (unless alternate date is noted).
• IHCP clarifies guidance for billing service intensity add-on payments with hospice services
• Providers may resubmit claims for Family Planning Eligibility Program members that denied incorrectly
• IHCP reminds providers that Hoosier Care Connect hospice benefits will be responsibility of the enrolling health plans
• New program integrity self-disclosure protocol training now available
Provider Reference Modules
Claim Administrative Review and Appeals
• Added a note box to the beginning of the module to reflect new standard verbiage
• Merged the former Administrative Review and Appeals for Managed Care Claims section into the new note box and added school corporation as an example of a carved-out service
• Merged the former Administrative Review and Appeals for Fee-for-Service Claims section into the Introduction section, and made the following updates:
• Added a reference to the Claim Submission and Processing module for exceptions to timely filing limit
• Added a note about an upcoming change to the timely filing limit
• In the Filing an Administrative Review Request section, added that the Claim ID should be included in the administrative review request
Check out these resources to stay up-to-date with the most recent changes at the IHCP.