The Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) posted the following important information to the provider website at indianamedicaid.com on October 16, 2018 (unless alternate date is noted).
Bulletins and Banner Pages
• IHCP announces IEP-related nursing services rate for calendar year 2019
Provider Reference Modules
• Updated the Introduction section
• Moved EMG testing information to the Billing and Reimbursement for Chiropractors section and clarified that it is a provider restriction (not a member benefit restriction)
• In the Chiropractic Services – Manipulative Treatment, Physical Medicine, and Office Visits section:
- Added that PA is not required for office visits
- Removed Package C coverage information
• In the Radiology Services section
- Modified information about previously taken films
- Added a reference to the Radiology Services module
• In the Laboratory Services section:
- Added that PA is not required
- Removed examples of covered laboratory services
- Added a reference to the Laboratory Services module
• Added the Diabetes Self-Management Training Services section
• Added the Community Health Worker Services section
• Removed all code table references because the corresponding code document, Genetic Testing Codes, was removed from the website
• Added genetic testing definition and information about the genetic counselor provider specialty in the Introduction section
• Updated the Chromosomal Microarray Analysis section, including adding coverage criteria and definitions, and removing billing guidelines
• Updated the Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER-2/neu) Gene Detection Test and HER2 Protein Overexpression Test section
• Updated the BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genetic Testing for Breast, Ovarian, and Related Cancers section, including adding coverage criteria
• Updated the Gene Expression Profiling for the Management of Breast Cancer – Oncotype DX Breast Recurrence Score Testing section, including adding coverage criteria and removing the list of noncovered tests
Code Table and Other Updates
The following code table updates are now available on the Code Sets page:
• Chiropractic Services Codes
- All codes were reviewed.
- See BT201826 for details about updates to the Covered Procedure Codes for Chiropractors (Specialty 150) table.
• Podiatry Services Codes
- See BT201826 for details about updates to the Covered Procedure Codes for Podiatrists (Specialty 140) table.
• Genetic Testing Codes
- This document has been removed from the Code Sets page. Providers are advised to follow national guidelines for procedure codes to use when billing genetic tests.
Check out these resources to stay up-to-date with the most recent changes at the IHCP.
Comments are closed.