The Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) released the following notice regarding BDDS server replacement and case management timelines.
Due to server issues, Insite has experienced higher than normal system downtime and access issues for case managers. The Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services, has a plan to replace the server in an effort to alleviate the access issues encountered by case managers.
This will require system downtime for Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services systems. Below is the tentative schedule of the production migration, the estimated amount of system outage and the systems affected:
- All instances of Insite
- BDDS Portal
Thursday, September 13, 2018 – Monday, September 17, 2018 – Affected systems above will be fully disabled
- Thursday, September 13,2018: End of Day – all Citrix applications will be disabled – no access to affected systems listed above;
- Friday, September 14, 2018 – Sunday, September 16, 2018: Application and data migration of Insite;
- Saturday, September 15, 2018 – Sunday, September 16, 2018: migration testing;
- Monday, September 17, 2018: Final testing and system go-live. Time to be determined.
DDRS anticipates a server replacement and data migration will be fully completed by September 17, 2018. To address timeline concerns expressed by case managers and case management companies, the following process allowances are being implemented:
For case mangers:
Case managers who encountered server issues in the submission of Budget Modification Requests in August, and until the server is replaced, may request consideration of the documented server issue as an exceptional reason for BDDS to consider if the server issue and access to Insite resulted in the BMR being submitted untimely (Policy: 2017-03-B-001). BMRs impacted by the server functionality should still adhere to the same submission content and quality with the necessary documentation to support an adequate review by state staff. Any quality concerns with BMRs impacted by the server issues will be addressed as needed with CMCO leadership.
- Request for BMR's and all accompanying required information and communication is to be sent to case managers as soon as need is identified.
- All required information for BMR submission must be submitted with the request as this is critical in order to submit the BMR as timely as possible. This typically includes requested units, timeframe, service, supporting information, etc.
Again, these measures are temporary due to the Insite system issues. BMR expectations are still in place regarding time frames, however, providers and case managers should temporarily implement the requirements above to mitigate BMRs that may go past the 45 day deadline.
The DDRS is a program of the Indiana Family & Social Services Administration. If you have questions about DDRS programs and services, visit us online at www.DDRS.In.gov