To: Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services Providers and Stakeholders
From: Cathy Robinson, Director, Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services
RE: RHS Daily Rate Conversion
Date: June 30, 2015
The Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) is pleased to announce the approved renewal of the Community Integration Habilitation Waiver (CIH). An exciting change within the renewal is the integration of a daily rate for Residential Habilitation and Support Services (RHS). This rate change will allow RHS providers to receive a daily rate for services provided, as opposed to the current methodology of billing on an hourly basis. This change allows BDDS to continue to foster the independence of individuals with disabilities in the state of Indiana by continuously improving the services we offer while increasing access to the broader community.
To be enrolled in the RHS daily rate the individual must:
- Be served as Algo Level of 3, 4, or 5;
- Be living with 1, 2, or 3 housemates (shared staffing, and not living in a family home); and
- Be supported through Residential Habilitation Support Services (RHS)
Other helpful information regarding the RHS daily rate includes:
- Individuals who require Community Based Habilitation Individual service (CHIO) may continue to receive the service as determined by the Individual Support Team (IST). Due to the daily rate, the RHS provider will be limited to an authorization of 10 hours per month.
- Individuals who qualify for the RHS daily rate will have their Cost Comparison Budget (CCB) converted from their current RHS service to the RHS daily rate.