This annual opportunity allows INARF members to recognize the significant contributions and outstanding efforts of individuals and community partners committed to improving the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
The 2013 Award Categories:
Chairman's Award | Keystone Award | Partnership Award | Justin Dart Personal Achievement Award | Costa N. Miller Scholarship Award
Awards to be presented at the 2013 INARF Annual Awards Luncheon on March 13 at the Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites.
Don't miss the opportunity to publicly recognize and thank those who make our world a better place.
The Chairman's Award is presented to an outstanding executive/administrator in the human service industry. The nominees present outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, political acumen, ethical demeanor and professional posture to further the interests of their organization and those of their colleagues across the state. These distinguished individuals:
- Diligently stay the course of service delivery
- Develop quality programming using the latest industry innovations and creative use of resources
- Believe in the worth of all individuals of varying abilities, which is manifested through the operations/programming and dedication to the cause
he Keystone Award is presented to the most outstanding Direct Support Professional employed in the Indiana service delivery system. Qualified candidates manifest, through personal attributes and dedication, the mission of the human service/habilitation industry. Candidates qualifying for this award must currently be employed as Direct Support Professionals, have three (3) years minimum employment as Direct Support Profressionals and actively participate in on-going professional development. These individuals are:
- The first to employ innovative techniques, enriching the quality of services and thus the quality of life for those they serve
- The first to uphold the rights of individuals with disabilities
- The first to accept change and insist that such changes have meaning and purpose
- The first in the hearts of those they serve
The Justin Dart Personal Achievement Award is presented to an individual who has participated in services through an INARF member agency and who has maximized their skills and abilities to achieve their chosen goals. Achievments may include volunteerism, advocacy on behalf of disability issues, and/or upward mobility and dedication to reaching their personal goals. Candidates for this award must:
- Utilized habilitation and/or rehabilitation services to enhance their independence and quality of life
- Been involved in services for over two years
- Have a significant disability
------COSTA N. MILLER SCHOLARSHIP AWARD------
The Costa N. Miller Scholarship Award is presented to an outstanding Direct Support Professional to aid in their pursuit of a higher education to benefit the human service industry and includes a monetary award in the amount of one thousand five hundred dollars. Submission requirements include that the individual have two years minimum employment by an INARF member organization, be currently enrollment in an undergraduate program and a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or above. Nominations must include:
- Qualifications for the award and how the scholarship award will be used to further work in the human service industry
- Official copy of college transcript
This scholarship award is made possible through Mr. Miller's friends, family and professional colleagues whose contributions to the Costa N. Miller Fund pay tribute to his lifelong dedication to our industry. The Nominating Committee has the option to select up to two individuals to receive this award.
Each Annual Award and/or Costa N. Miller Scholarship nomination must include a one-page narrative that describes the accomplishments of the nominee or organization as related to the specific award and include information such as:
- Contributions to the human services industry
- Professional and civic honors
- Professional memberships
- On-going professional development
- Other relevant information
Click here to access the Nomination Form. Completed forms can be submitted via Email to: email@example.com or via Fax: 317/634-3221. There is no limit to the number of nominations an organization may submit.
All nominations are due on or before, Tuesday, February 5, 2013 for review by the applicable Nominating Committee. Individuals submitting nomination(s) will be notified on or before February 15, 2013 of the status of their nomination. We apologize that we will be unable to accept submissions with a narrative exceeding one-page and/or postmarked after February 5, 2013.
Please contact Nanette Hagedorn, Director, Membership Engagement & Development at 317/634-4957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.