To: Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services waiver providers and consumers
From: Nicole Norvell, Director, Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services
Re: Waiver Amendments Approved
Date: February 5, 2014
The Indiana Family and Social Services Administration’s Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) has received approval of the 3rd Amendment to the Family Supports Waiver (FSW), IN.0387.R02.03, as well as the 5th Amendment to the Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver (CIHW), IN.0378.R02.05, from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Family Supports Waiver
Amendments to the FSW are approved, with an effective date of January 1, 2014, and include the following changes:
- The annual cap has been increased from $16,250 to $16,545.
- The Quality Improvement System (QIS) and Performance Measures approved by CMS and implemented in 2013 have now been included in the amendment.
- Legislated accreditation requirements for providers of day services are now reflected within the amendment per the requirements of Indiana Code 12-11-1.1-1(d)(1).
Community Integration and Habilitation Waiver
Amendments to the CIHW are approved, with an effective date of February 1, 2014, and include the following changes:
- One Reserved Wavier Capacity priority category was revised, increasing the overall capacity reserved for priority entrance to this waiver
- Wellness Coordination services were added
- Previously budgeted but unused funding was shifted to the FSW
- Under the FSW, rate increases are applicable only to Respite, Facility Based Habilitation (Individual) and Community Based Habilitation (Individual). The higher expenditure cap was implemented to ensure that these increased rates do not in any way reduce waiver services for the waiver participants.
- Under the CIHW, rate increases are applicable only to Residential Habilitation and Support - Level 1 and Residential Habilitation and Support – Level 2, Respite, Community Based Habilitation (Individual) and Community Based Habilitation (Individual).