• Photo ID for you and your spouse, if filing jointly
• Social Security Cards for you (& your spouse & dependents, if applicable)
• Your W-2, W-2G, or 1099-R form, and your 1099 form, if applicable
• A copy of last year's tax return, if you filed
• Want your refund by direct deposit? Bring your bank routing numbers and account numbers.
• This is not an exhaustive list. Call the VITA location nearest you and ask what you should bring.
To find the VITA location nearest you, call 1-800-906-9887 or visit http://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/. Be sure to check dates and hours of operation.
For people with disabilities who file their taxes themselves, the Internal Revenue Service has posted a webpage with accessibility information, including large print and "talking" tax forms, and instructional videos in American Sign Language.