To: Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) Providers
From: Julie Reynolds, Director, Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services
Re: OBRA System Evaluation
Date: August 19, 2014
The Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services (DDRS) has entered into a contract with Dr. Stephen R. Hall to do a comprehensive evaluation of Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) state line Objective Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) services. This review is part of DDRS ongoing mission to improve efficiency and quality in the delivery of services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities that enable them to live as independently as possible in their communities.
- Provide a comprehensive plan to research and analyze the current OBRA system
- Conduct focus groups and provide analysis of results
- Conduct onsite reviews of current service delivery locations in collaboration with OBRA providers
- Develop and present a final report which will identify short and long term strategies and recommendations for improvement in the OBRA system
- Provide ongoing technical assistance
Several current providers of OBRA services will be contacted by Dr. Hall over the next few weeks to set up times to visit programs and meet with staff and individuals served through the OBRA program. Providers who have been selected to meet with and assist Dr. Hall will be contacted directly by BDDS staff prior to scheduling taking place.
If you have questions or comments please feel free to contact Wendy Miers, Director of Operations, at Wendy.Miers@fssa.in.gov.