Community of Practice Monthly Webinar
January 31, 2018, 3:00-4:00 ET
The Employment First State Leadership Mentoring Program (EFSLMP) Community of Practice (CoP) Webinar Series is structured to augment the technical assistance areas of primary focus in Employment First systems change (Capacity Building, Provider Transformation, School-to-Work Transition, Employer Engagement, and Policy/Funding Alignment). CoP participants will benefit from national subject matter experts (SMEs) presenting information and resources to support Employment First efforts.
Topic: Funding Strategies to Support the Shift from Facility-based Services Toward Those that Lead to Creative, Integrated Employment Models.During this month’s COP webinar, participants will learn about funding and rate reimbursement strategies for service providers and states to increase integrated employment outcomes. Jeannine Pavlak will also discuss funding diversification and re-alignment and strategies to assist service provider make the transition from facility to community integrated service models. Webinar participants will learn about steps providers and states can take to increase employment outcomes for people with disabilities, including those with significant disabilities.
- Service providers often have substantial investments in physical buildings from years of facility-based service delivery models. How do we manage the transition from settings that may segregate to services that lead to competitive integrated employment?
- State funding and rate reimbursement strategies must align with policy objectives. What are some of the options and strategies that are leading to increases in competitive integrated employment?
- The number of people with disabilities in the workforce is increasing (21% in October 2017). But are we really seeing an increase in competitive, integrated employment? What are the barriers to career pathways and access to individual integrated employment.
Jeannine Pavlak, M.S., NPM, is the President and CEO of New England Business Associates, a community provider known nationally and internationally for their work in community integrated employment. Through her stewardship, she has grown the organization to serve over 900 individuals annually, assisting them in attaining community integrated employment throughout the states of Massachusetts and Connecticut, as well as providing services as an Employment Network through TTW to individuals in 40 additional states. With close to 30 years of experience in the disability employment field, Jeannine has consulted on a number of topics including staff development, data collection and benchmarking, best practices in community integrated employment, braiding funding, school to work transition, TTW and self- employment. More recently, Ms. Pavlak began providing technical assistance to organizations interested in transforming their service delivery model from facility based to community based.
- In advance of the webinar, we strongly recommend you test your connection and review the Adobe Connect Instructions and Troubleshooting Tips
- On the day of the webinar, enter room here: http://www.econsys.com/eflsmp/copwebinar/
- In the GUEST field, enter your first and last name followed by state abbreviation (i.e., Jeff, Smith, DC).
- To connect your audio, follow the prompts to enter your phone number (direct line), and the system will immediately call you back (see step-by-step instructions)
- If you are unfamiliar with Adobe Connect, please review these tips before participating.
- Meeting materials are forthcoming and will be distributed closer to the event.